The CentOS 8 appliance is built from the CentOS 8 Generic Cloud image and additionally contains packages for development, system configuration, and accessing OpenStack services.
The CentOS 8 appliance provides a convenient base image. You can customize it and snapshot it to develop your own appliances.
- Image name: CC-CentOS8
- Default user account: cc
- Remote access: Key-Based SSH
- Root access: passwordless sudo from the cc account
- Chameleon admin access: enabled on the ccadmin account
- Cloud-init enabled on boot: yes
- Installed packages:
- Standard development tools such as make, gcc, etc.
- Config management tools: Ansible
- OpenStack command-line clients
- OpenStack Heat configuration agents
- Chameleon utilities: cc-checks, cc-snapshot, etrace2 (CPU power measurement), Gnocchi collection agent
- Cloudfuse (CHI)