The Ubuntu 18.04 appliance is built from the Ubuntu Bionic cloud image and additionally contains packages for development, system configuration, and accessing OpenStack services.
The Ubuntu 18.04 appliance provides a convenient base image. You can customize it and snapshot it (running the cc-snapshot command) to develop your own appliances.
- Image name: CC-Ubuntu18.04
- Default user account: cc
- Remote access: Key-Based SSH
- Root access: passwordless sudo from the cc account
- Chameleon admin access: enabled on the ccadmin account
- Cloud-init enabled on boot: yes
- Repositories (Apt): default configuration
- Installed packages:
- Standard development tools such as make, gcc, gfortran, etc.
- Config management tools: Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- OpenStack command-line clients
- Chameleon packages: g5kchecks (providing cc-checks), cc-snapshot