The Ubuntu 16.04 appliance is built from the Ubuntu Xenial cloud image and additionally contains packages for development, system configuration, and accessing OpenStack services.
The Ubuntu 16.04 appliance provides an convenient base image. You can customize it and snapshot it (running the cc-snapshot command) to develop your own appliances.
- Image name: CC-Ubuntu16.04
- Default user account: cc
- Remote access: Key-Based SSH
- Root access: passwordless sudo from the cc account
- Chameleon admin access: enabled on the ccadmin account
- Cloud-init enabled on boot: yes
- Repositories (Apt): default configuration
- Installed packages:
- Standard development tools such as make, gcc, gfortran, etc.
- Config management tools: Puppet, Ansible, Salt
- OpenStack command-line clients
- Chameleon packages: g5kchecks (providing cc-checks)